The Managing Recycling Systems eCourse focuses on recycling materials found in municipal solid waste (MSW) generated from residential, commercial, and institutional sources. This does not include hazardous wastes, household hazardous wastes, or special wastes. The course focuses on successfully planning, developing, marketing, and managing recycling programs. It also addresses collection, processing, application of end-use standards, and protection of human health and the environment.
Who Should Attend
Facility owners, operators, manufacturers, managers, supervisors and employees, involved in the daily operation of a recycling facility or program.
- Describe the elements associated with designing and developing a sustainable recycling program
- Determine acceptable material quality and requirements for existing and emerging markets
- Apply quality requirements and regulatory standards of a “Buy Recycled” program
- Identify program costs and revenues required to develop funding
- Establish and manage contracts for recycling services
- Select the appropriate tools for recyclable collection
- Plan an education and outreach program
The course is offered by SWANA as preparation for Recycling Systems Certification.
Purchase of eCourse includes
- Immediate access to nine video recordings and nine PDFs
- Print version of the manual shipped within two weeks
- 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of eCourse
Purchase of this eCourse does not include the Certification Exam. For more information on becoming SWANA Certified click here.
ATTENTION: File download is 2.43 GB. Course video total running time is 11h44m13s.