This eCourse is intended to improve the knowledge of individuals that plan, design and manage municipal solid waste management systems, addressing the many and varied duties of the solid waste system manager.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the eCourse includes current and future managers of government solid waste management systems and other industry professionals that may work in an advisory or consulting capacity with municipal waste managers.
The training course will provide comprehensive coverage of all aspects of MSW management, including:
- Planning, regulatory considerations and public education
- Facility basics (covering landfills, transfer stations, waste-to-energy facilities)
- Collection systems
- Recycling and reuse programs
- Management of special waste
- Incorporating emerging concepts into existing systems
- Funding options, budgeting, and contracting/procurement
- Health and safety
- Personnel management
The course serves as preparation for the MSW Management certification exam.
- Debbie Hackman, Executive Director, Jackson County, Indiana
- Johnnie Taylor, Sanitation Director, City of Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Becky Caldwell, Solid Waste Director, City of Franklin, Tennessee
Purchase of eCourse includes
- Immediate access to 12 video recordings and 20 PDFs
- Print version of the manual mailed within two weeks
- 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of eCourse
Purchase of this eCourse does not include the Certification Exam. For more information on becoming SWANA Certified click here.
ATTENTION: File download is 1.36 GB. Course recording total running time is 18h:37m:46s.