This eCourse addresses the collection of residential solid waste and recyclables from single family and multi-family residences. The course provides information that will assist individuals plan, operate and manage residential solid waste and recyclables collection systems. The course includes a discussion of emerging technology and best practices as reported in the literature and practice.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for collection system owners, operators, managers, system planners, and employees responsible for collection system operations management.
The training course will provide comprehensive coverage of all aspects of MSW collection, including:
- Municipal solid waste design and operation
- Methods, types, and levels of collection services
- Collection equipment types, design and maintenance practices
- Specifications for collection equipment
- The four “proven” collection methods
- Collection vehicle routing guidelines and techniques
- Yard waste, special waste, and commercial waste collection guidelines and techniques
- Collection services organization and management
- Cost accounting practices and collection services financing
- Health and safety programs
- Effective billing practices and customer service program
- Education and community outreach programs
The course serves as preparation for the Collection Systems Certification Exam or as a standalone course.
SWANA Certified Instructors:
- Mike Tilley, Principal, Escape Consulting, Orangevale, California
- Joe Williams, Principal, Common Sense Consulting, Franklin, Tennessee
- Steven Pietrzykowsky, Environmental Services Manager, City of Tempe, Arizona
Purchase of eCourse includes
- Immediate access to six video recordings and 15 PDFs
- A print version of the manual shipped within two weeks
- 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of eCourse
Purchase of this eCourse does not include the Certification Exam. For more information on becoming SWANA Certified click here.
ATTENTION: File download is 547.29MB. Course recording total running time is 9h:10m:17s.