Which provides more economic development benefits to a community: waste-to-energy (WTE) systems, or regional landfills? WTE systems have the potential to strengthen local economic development initiatives.
- Providing high quality and high paying jobs that cannot be outsourced
- Providing businesses and industries with long-term economical waste management services
- Keeping waste management expenditures in the local community
- Using recoverable energy from waste to provide renewable power
- Recovering additional recyclables from ash residue to support local manufacturing